Favourite Kitchen Gadgets

pasta

We all have one! Whether it’s an air fryer, a sandwich toaster, or a smoothie maker. Mine has to be our bean-to-cup coffee machine … makes the perfect flat white, and I can’t live without it! What is your favourite kitchen gadget? Here’s what our bloggers suggested, when we asked them …

spoon

“Mine is the Nutribullet smoothie maker. Gets used by me or the kids to make smoothies most days. I always keep a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer so it’s easy to do. I’ve had the Nutribullet for about 5 years now and it still works well and looks good. I honestly wondered if it would turn out to be one of those fads that ends up gathering dust but it never has. I also use it to make iced coffee – hence the blog post in my link below, which is one of the most popular on my blog (especially when the sun comes out)”

Submitted by Joanne, Opposable Thumbs Blog

spoon

“My favourite item is my Morphy Richards soup maker. It’s so simple to use resulting in delicious soups. The more I use it the more adventurous I get with flavours! I particularly use it a lot in the colder months when it is great to have warming soup for lunch. It’s also great for meal prepping and making soup lunches in bulk.”

Submitted by Kim, Life Can Be Toff

spoon

“I love my Vitamix blender and I use it daily. From healthy smoothies and creamy soups to all sorts of pesto sauces and nut butters, it helps me make the most delicious recipes!”

Submitted by Andrea, The Petite Cook

spoon

“Absolutely my Thermomix. They aren’t cheap but I have had mine for five years and use it at least once a day, if not twice. You can search thousands of recipes online, which you can then add to the chip on the side of the machine. This then displays a guided recipe that you simply follow on the screen. I can meal plan for the week and add all the ingredients to my online food order within ten minutes, meaning I then know exactly what we are eating for the week, saving me money because I don’t panic buy. It also makes me cook things I wouldn’t dream of trying without it! Oh and it even washes itself up when it’s done.”

Submitted by Tanya, Mummy Barrow

spoon

“Sounds a bit random but it’s my olive spoon with built in pickle fork. It’s long enough to reach in the tall jars and drains the olives as you take them out. Also useful for sliced pickled veg and lots of other things. I use it all the time when I’m whipping up a salad.”

Submitted by Sally, Life Loving

spoon

“My Kitchen Aid mixer. Without it I wouldn’t be able to whip up so many gluten free, low FODMAP bakes as easily! It’s a fantastic bit of kit and looks stunning on my worktop!”

Submitted by Alice, Low Fodmap Inspiration

spoon

“My daughter – does that count!? Though actually it’s really the VonShef mixer that she has used to bake fabulously in lockdown, and beyond. She is soooooo much better than me. And she cooks too, as does her brother, so perhaps he’s my second favourite gadget!”

Submitted by Helen, Kiddycharts

spoon

“Mine is my popcorn maker, in the shape of a duck. I got it for my birthday as teenager, best present ever. The original broke but I managed to find a replacement on eBay and use it most weekends.”

soup

Submitted by Becky, Pinks Charming

spoon

“I actually have so many kitchen gadgets that my husband is converting our downstairs toilet into a kitchen appliance storage room! I’d say the one I use most often is probably either my Vitamix for smoothies or my Tefal Fresh Express. I literally can’t grate cheese, I grate more finger than cheese. So the Fresh Express grates cheese and carrot (and other things) for us in seconds.”

Submitted by Emma, Crazy with Twins

spoon

“I love my Cuisinart chopper! Its compact, lightweight and fits perfectly in my tiny kitchen. I use it for chopping, grinding, mixing … it works well for me. I mostly cook Indian, and it’s good to make curry pastes, chutneys, dips, salads and also for meal preps! I even use it to make breadcrumbs and mix cookie doughs ”

Submitted by Anubhav, From Bowl to Soul

spoon

“Mine is our Sage Super Q Blender. It’s powerful enough to do so many things from making smoothies, making your own flours to making soup as it heats up as well. Also very easy to clean. The design is slick and modern, so it looks great in the kitchen.”

Submitted by May, Eat Cook Explore

spoon

“Mine is my Moulinex Ovatio 2 Duo mixer / blender which I got free secondhand last year. I’m a big fan of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. It has been a game changer for making pastry which I previously attempted by hand. Plus, great for soup, pâté, houmous.”

moulinex

Submitted by Claire, Yet Another Blogging Mummy

spoon

“Global kitchen knives are one of my favourite kitchen items – so much better than other knives that we have tried and they are made to last too!”

Submitted by Petra, A Mum Reviews

spoon

“I love my Instant Pot Vortex 4-in-1 air-fryer. It can air-fry, roast, bake and reheat. It takes the guilt out of eating fried food and makes the crispiest chips! I’m constantly discovering new uses for it.”

Submitted by Kacie, The Rare Welsh Bit

spoon

“Mine’s a really basic one: my Joseph Joseph peeler. It’s so comfortable to hold, it’s a funky bright green, and it’s really sharp so it makes peeling quicker and easier. It was actually a birthday present from my husband a few years ago – who says romance is dead?!”

Submitted by Catherine, Growing Family

spoon

“I wouldn’t have thought to get a waffle maker, but my friend asked for one as a wedding present. Waffles are like a pancake or cake, but much easier to make and clean. I use the waffle maker to make a warm, hand-held snack which my toddler can take outside with them. Toddler likes raisins to be added for a sweet treat.”

Submitted by Helen, Living with Warmth

Tracey is the Contributing Editor for Foodies100, Tots100, Hibs100 and Trips100. She also blogs at PackThePJs. Tracey writes mainly about family travel; from days out to road trips with her pet dogs, to cruises and long-haul tropical destinations. Her family consists of her husband Huw, a medical writer, Millie-Mae (14), Toby (12) and Izzy and Jack the spaniels

So You Know...

As you've likely heard and seen, there's an increasing focus on the authenticity of follower growth and engagement on social platforms across the Influencer Marketing community. The platforms themselves have taken measures to deter inauthentic activity and brands now more closely scrutinise the audiences of the influencers with whom they are partnering.

The Flea Network has implemented a system that will detect abnormal spikes in following and engagement, and flag these properties. Of course, such spikes can often be attributed to viral posts or high-profile brands that bring greater exposure to some content.

If one of your social accounts is flagged by our system without an obvious reason, we may reach out to you for assistance in understanding it. If we find any influencer has artificially inflated their audience size or engagement using paid acquisition or automated, third-party tools, we will remove them permanently from our influencer community.

Feel free to reach out to us at bloggers@fleaenterprises.com with any questions or comments.

Thank you!